After looking over Jane Hart's latest blog the lesson I take away is that while I may be in school learning new things to help me in my career, I have to be the facilitator to my own personal education. There are many tools out there to help me stay current with technology advancements as well as networking with others. In this new social technology age their are so may resources available to help us learn from others as well as contribute what we ourselves have discovered. It is easier then ever for us to learn from one another and I see it happen everyday.
A simple example is the wiki... now I love wikis and am using them all over the place. Once I learned what a wiki was and how easy they are to use, I taught others. I have shown colleuges at work and set them up for my students so they can commuicate while on clinical rotations at area hospitals. I was taught a skill and have since passed that skill on to others... that is how it should work really.
As we aquire new skills either through networking with others or a great new computer program that allows you to easily share files we need to be open to imparting this knowledge to others. This allows us to not only be life long students but teachers as well. How cool is that? You learn something really useful and almost as quick as pushing a button you can teach it to others. That is what Jane Hart's blog does, allows a place for learning new skills and passing on knowledge that you have gained. I plan to not only use social technology to keep on top of what is going on in the world of teaching and technology but to also helps others along the way. The possibilities are endless!
I am commited to being a life long learner and teacher, kind of like the circle of life in the Lion King minus the babboon and evil uncle.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Karen,
ReplyDelete"I have to be the facilitator to my own personal education" what a powerful statement. I think this was a very important realization to make and I'm happy to see that you have embraced social networking tools and are running with them.